CFIAP is the IICFIP’s most comprehensive professional forensic auditing credential. A CFIAP can handle any kind of Forensic Audit either related to public or private organizations including mainstream government activities. This a specialized professional certification for auditors. Any practicing or employed auditor can apply to become a CFIAP.
Following modules are covered for the CFIAP accreditation:
- Computer and digital Forensics
- Forensic Auditing
- Criminal Investigations
- Investigation Law
- Investigative accounting
All the above subjects or modules must be completed before one can become CFIAP via examination route. Auditors with 3 and above years of experience in auditing, can also apply to become CFIAP after completion of a short course offered at and by any IICFIP Accredited Tuition Centre. No certificates are issued for individual subjects or modules.
CFIPs can apply for direct admission into CFIAP.
- 6 to 36 months via self-study for those who are wishing to become CFIAP via examination.
- It much depends on you and the time you will spend on study per day. You can also get exemptions for individual modules if you qualify.
Mode of Study
- Directed self-study/Distance learning for very busy executives.
- Distance Learning + Face to face tuition at the accredited tuition centres = 1 month residential training at accredited tuition centres.
- Face to face lectures at the IICFIP Accredited Training Centres.
Skills set of a CFIAP
- Fraud Audit
- Forensic Audit/Investigation
- Corruption Cases Investigation
- Money Laundering Investigation
- Expert Witnessing
- Preventive Controls for Fraud and Corruption
- Delivering Training on Forensic Auditing
Where CFIAPs work
- Government regulatory agencies like Anti-Corruption and Revenue collection Agencies
- Government Audit Offices
- Auditing/Accounting firms
- Cooperative Societies
- Auditing Departments of all organizations whether private or public
AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE TO CFIP
Those have considerable amount of relevant prior training and experience can become CFIAP via rigorous assessment by the IICFIP.